Google recently released an update for its Mobile Google Maps. This new version is bundled with its new product, Google Latitude. Latitude makes use of the Google Maps platform to map and locate you and your friends’ location anywhere in the globe.
What you can do with Google Latitude on mobile:
- Update your status
- View your friend’s status
- Call your friends
- E-mail or SMS your friends
How to make Google Latitude work in your phone.
- On your phone’s browser, key in google.com/latitude. Download the latest Google Maps 3.0 with Latitude that is compatible with your mobile phone. Google supports most of the popular mobile platforms for mobile regardless if you’re phone is equipped with GPS or not.
- Run the installation file that you have downloaded.
- Run the application and login using your Google ID and password.
- Invite your contacts to Google Latitude.
Alternatively, if you are using your desktop PC, you may add Google Latitude on iGoogle by going to http://m.google.com/latitude on your desktop browser.