Steve Jobs recently launched the new MacBook Air during the Macworld Conference and Expo 2008. The Apple MacBook Air is a lightweight notebook (computer) which can fit in an ordinary Manila envelope. Apple claims that the MacBook Air is the world’s thinnest laptop computer with thickness ranging from 0.16″ to 0.76″.
The Macbook Air is now available at the Apple Store for $1,799. The new macbook is now equipped with a multi-tap trackpad which was adopted from the famous iPhone and iPod Touch products. You can now flip, pinch, swipe and rotate on-screen objects by simply moving your fingers.
• .16 to .75-inch thickness on top
• 12.8 x 8.94 inches
• 3 pounds
• 5 hours of battery life with everything running
• Intel Core 2 Duo Processor at 1.6 or 1.8GHz, motherboard the length of a pencil.
• 800MHz frontside bus.
• 2GB RAM 667MHz DDR2 standard.
• 13.3-inch screen, LED backlit.
• 1,280 x 800 pixels
• Micro-DVI adapter (for DVI, VGA, composite and S-Video output)
• Intel GMA X3100 Graphics processor with 144MB RAM shared
• 1.8-inch 80GB HD or 64GB Solid State Drive
• Multitouch trackpad with gestures. Pans, zooms, rotates, etc.
• 802.11n and Bluetooth 2.1.
• Optional external HD for $99, USB-bus powered.
• Full backlit keyboard.
• One USB 2.0, one audio port, one Micro-DVI