As I was browsing through what’s new in the Camera world (I was looking for any new things about Micro four thirds) I was able to see the latest of Canon: The Canon 600D.
It was a bit of surprise for me since I don’t really know when Canon releases their latest creations and I was sort of expecting it somewhere March.
For those who are expecting a really really good improvement from the Canon 550D I can only tell you one thing, there’s not much difference in specifications. In fact, the differences announced in Dpreview.com were easily listed as follows:
- Vari-angle display
- Scene intelligent Auto Mode
- ‘Basic+’ creative controls in scene modes
- ‘Creative Filters’ can be applied to images in playback mode
- Multi-aspect ratio shooting (3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1, previewable in Live View)
- Integrated Wireless flash controller with multi-flash support
- ‘Video Snapshot’ mode
- Auto Lighting Optimizer now adjustable in 4 levels
- Feature Guide
- Image rating (1-5 stars)
- Eye sensor for LCD display replaced by ‘DISP’ button
- Marginally larger and heavier
So there you have it. The major addition to the 600D being the Vari Angle thingy. Well, that’s sort of a relief to the recent 550D owners. I mean wouldn’t it be a disappointment if you bought a 550D just recently then Canon introduces the 600D with EVEN MORE features. Well fortunately, if you’re not too fond of the Vari angle LCD, then it won’t matter too much for you.
I just wonder how much this is in comparison to the 550D. Canonites, you guys willing to upgrade to a 600D?