With just one week after the release of Nexus S, Google started pushing GRH78, Nexus S’ first over the air update. The update contains important bug fixes and updates the Maps to the latest version.
For users who haven’t received their OTA yet, you may do the manual method.
- Download the file from Google right here
- Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
- Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
- Use the volume buttons to choose “recovery” from the list, and select it with the power button
- When you see the triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you’ll have a list of options, choose to update.
More information about the process of updating can be found here.