From what I’ve seen in the mobile smartphone battle, 3 particular OSs caught my attention. Android, Blackberry and iPhone. I’m currently using a Blackberry and an Android phone. So far I love how Blackberry continues to keep me connected 24/7 with their Push email at the same time communication apps such as BBM but I love browsing and all other functional apps in my Android.
But with the battle of the Tablets coming in I believe I personally want to take my online life to the next level. I was strongly considering a Samsung Galaxy Tab but then I saw the Blackberry playbook.
This tablet packs the following features:
- 7″ LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
- BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
- HDMI video output
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
- Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
- Ultra thin and portable:
- Measures 5.1″x7.6″x0.4″ (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
- Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
I’m gonna guess the price to be around 400-500$ range but I’m still not sure just exactly how much is a Blackberry playbook. I’ll try to keep an eye out if I ever see one of these playbooks.
(is it me or do you also think the “playbook” needs a better name?)