When I first saw this gadget leak out I was already very excited as I’m a heavy Samsung user myself and an Android user too. The two becoming one was a match made in heaven.
So what makes this particular tablet very interesting and why will it have a chance to “probably” outshine iPad’s features and functionality? (I’ll be doing another post soon about iPad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab so watch out)
Here are the key features of this gadget that you might wanna know about:
- 3G HSDPA-7.2mbps mobile internet connection (expect some good browsing while on the go, but then again it depends on your network provider)
- 7inches capacitive screen – this is what I’d like to call not too big, not too small, and to quote Goldilocks: “it’s just right!”
- 380g weight – great for carrying around without your arms feeling sore
- Android 2.2 froyo – BIG PLUS POINTS for this OS, now you can watch your youtube videos on the browser and do all those other flash enabled things you wanna do as this OS supports Flash 10.1. Froyo ftw!
- 1.06ghz processor – sounds powerful and all but I wonder how it will work out in the end…
- 3.0mp w/ flash – the megapixel sounds good and so does the flash but we won’t really know till we see the photo quality in actual reviews
- Full HD player and recorder – wow, this thing can really pack it up.
- A-GPS – with Google maps working on this thing I don’t think I’ll ever get lost again.
- 7 hours movie play - okay this sounds really really good but I’m more particular on how long a gadget can last while running on wifi or 3G
- 16G memory and up to 32G Micro Sd slot- imma say that the 16G should be for the Apps and the 32G for all other media files and the like, is the 16G for apps good enough? I have a Samsung Galaxy Spica with around 180mb internal memory and it’s working okay for me.
- Swype – again something new that I’d like to check out, swyping instead of typing. We know how difficult it will be to type with keys quite far apart as compared to mobile phones.
It was recently priced at around 599 British Pounds that’s about 937 dollars or 42,000php. I’m crossing my fingers for it to lower its price because I believe the iPad 64G 3G is cheaper than this.
Conclusion: All the specs sound really good but only actual testing can tell whether this baby is worth your money.